Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Goodbye, Daddy.

February 16, 1936 - June 17, 2012

You Were There
Poem by Me

You were always there for me
Through thick and through thin

We always fought
We always cried

We always smiled
We always tried

Sometimes I hated you
But I always loved you

Sometimes you were disappointed in me
But you were always proud

You had a short temper
But I knew it was your way

What I would give to hear your temper today

I miss your voice
I miss your smile

I miss your laugh
I miss your charm

I miss your kindness
I miss your love

I will always look upon you from the wing of a dove

I'll never forget
I'll always remember

How close we became
When we were together

You easily got upset
But told me you loved me


You may have yelled
But said you were sorry

The time we spent together
Was precious and meaningful

  
Even when you were serious
You continued to smile

You were protective of me
But happy when you walked me down the aisle

I'll never forget when I saw you cry
You met your granddaughter for the first time

As she grew, so did your smile
Spending time with her was worth the while

These last days have been sad
But spending time with you made me glad


You were always there for me
And that I will never forget


Goodbye my daddy
You will always be in my heart


Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment